mickyd67

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all - really hoping an Excel genius can work this one out for me :cool:

Scenario is:

I want to review the safety stock levels of a number of components. I've taken 2 components as an example

If the percentage adherence to the agreed safety level, over a period of time, falls below a certain threshold it should return 'Yes' (the cells that drop below this threshold have a conditional format to highlight where they are below this percentage)

If the level doesn't fall below the threshold then it should return 'No'. However, it should also return 'No' if there is no safety stock level set in the first place - this is where I am getting stuck.

I want the formula to first look to see if there is a safety level set - then tell me if, at any point, it drops below the threshold during the 13 week period.

I want the 'Yes' or 'No' to display in column G, along from the associated component code.

Hope that makes sense :-/

123b9tl.png

Change your formula with this:

=IF(AND(COUNTIF(C13:G13,"<"&$D$10),B13<>0),"Yes","No")

Now you're telling the formula to have both criteria to flag yes - i.e. at least 1 value falls below the level and that the safety quantity is not equal to 0 - otherwise "no" is returned.

Genius!! :cool:

Thanks very much for your help (and patience) with this one. You've made my life much easier with this.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi all - looking for help again. Similar theme to this issue that's already been solved. I thought I'd be able to work this out by adjusting the current formula but I'm struggling.

This time I want to count the number of weeks, over a 13 week period, that a percentage drops below the 75% tolerance level (this number could change so the formula needs to reference cell C5)

I can't do a countif because it would return 13 for the first item - and that should be 0 because there's no safety level set in the first place, if you get what I mean?

Here is the URL for above if it makes it a bit easier to see and, hopefully, removes that annoying watermark.

Upvote 0
Hey again!

In the image linked above are you using cell F8 as the safety level, which is 0 and hence the count formula should also return 0?

Assuming your formula is going in to cell M8 first then try this:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((N8:Z8<$C$5)*(F8<>0))

Upvote 0
Hey again!

In the image linked above are you using cell F8 as the safety level, which is 0 and hence the count formula should also return 0?

Assuming your formula is going in to cell M8 first then try this:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((N8:Z8<$C$5)*(F8<>0))

haha, Hello Again!!

This works perfectly - thanks again. Brilliant help :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back