Adding Checkbox to Notepad

mykulpasskwa

Board Regular
I have a userform with a multipage, and on each multipage I want to add a command button which opens another userform with a textbox to add notes. So far I have the notes linked to a cell on a hidden page, say "K5", and when there are notes on the page I want a checkbox to be enabled so the user knows to look at the notes.

The goal:
User adds notes to a multipage, the notes get saved to a cell. The next time a user opens the multipage a checkbox is enabled indicating their notes are saved and they should review the notes.

The problem:
I've been trying to use
Code:
If wsFees.Range("K5") <> "" Then ckbNotes.value = True
but I have it in the wrong area. I have it in ufNotes_Change, but then when I reopen it the checkbox is gone. Is there a way to have the checkbox enabled anytime there is text in the notes?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
How does the next user open the multipage - is it by clicking a button that runs a macro containing a line like:
Code:
multipage_name.Show

If so, add a line just before it like the one you already have in ufNotes_Change:
Code:
If wsFees.Range("K5") <> "" Then multipage_name.ckbNotes.value = True
multipage_name.Show
Substitute multipage_name with the name that you've given your multipage form. You'll also need the Dim wsFees... and Set wsFees... lines from ufNotes_Change. This macro now sets up the form before showing it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back