Resetting a drop drown

ERed1

Board Regular
Hey everyone,

I have a button which clears all of the drop downs on my sheet ("Sheet1"). I would like to have the button also set the first drop to go to a blank option, which I already have made. Is there a way to make the drop down select it?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Please post the code behind your button, and state where the code resides (in a separate module, "ThisWorkbook", or in the "Sheet1" module.

Upvote 0
Please post the code behind your button, and state where the code resides (in a separate module, "ThisWorkbook", or in the "Sheet1" module.

If Range("B16").Value = "Pizza" Then
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A16:D19").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
Sheets("Finished").Activate
lastrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
Cells(lastrow + 5, 1).PasteSpecial Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A128:D139").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).PasteSpecial Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End If

'Brings Back to Sheet 1'
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate

The button is on Sheet 1. It copies data from sheet 1 and then pastes it to "Finished". I then have the code bring me back to Sheet 1. The cell I need to have go blank is cell B16 on Sheet 1.

Upvote 0
This should do it:
Code:
If Range("B16").Value = "Pizza" Then
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A16:D19").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
Cells(lastrow + 5, 1).PasteSpecial Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A128:D139").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).PasteSpecial Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End If

'Brings Back to Sheet 1'
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B16").value=""
When you said "dropdowns" I assumed you meant DropDownboxes, but your last post revealed that you're probably referring to data validation in some of your cells. Is this the case, and if so, how is the data validation populated? Is it from a named range, or list of cells, or data validation "List" typed directly into the "Criteria" box within the validation dialog window that opens when you set the data validation attributes?

The ol' crystal ball's currently at the cleaners, so you need to spell out your scenario, in order for us to be able to help!

Upvote 0
I tried adding it, and it didn't work. I am using data validation lists. I am using named ranges for some and just normal ranges for others. It just depends on what is needed. I have a blank section in the primary drop down list if that'll help you with helping me lol.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it to work - well done!
In order to help others, referring to your post in the future, what did you do to get it to work?

Upvote 0
I forgot to change the "Sheet1" to the actual name I was using. I just looked over that when I entered it in.

Upvote 0
Oh, OK - so the line of code worked - you just needed to set the correct sheet name?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back