Using VBA To Open A New Worksheet Containing Existing Data

rosie14385

Is anybody able to help with the following:-

Trying to set up a new customer database using Excel and VBA. Each customer has a database entry (1no excel file per customer)with their details. On each customer entry, I want to have a couple of macro buttons. One to open a job card template and one to open a quotation template in Word. I've actually managed to get this far but I'm struggling with I want to have the customer details transferred from the customer entry into specific cells on the job card or specific locations on the quotation (Word document). Also, I need the job card to open in the same workbook as the customer entry.

Please excuse if my terminology is a little off. I'm fairly good with excel formulas but I'm completely new to VBA and macros.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
hi, Rosie

one excel file per customer is likely setting yourself up for a world of pain. this sounds instead like a job for a database

if continuing with the current plan & you want help, I'd suggest there are two basic options.
1. engage a consultant, like MrExcel, or
2. work through each step in small bites & ask for specific help when stuck. being completely new to VBA this might take a very long time, but on the positive side it sounds like you've made good progress already, and a project like this is a fantastic way to learn.

all the best. regards, Fazza

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back