Is there a way to count the most frequently used words in a worksheet? And also to add 3 words to either side, and to be able to see how many times th

Jennifre

Board Regular
I have a worksheet full of data, across which I'd like to gauge what words + 3 words on either side appear most frequently in that set of data.

To begin, I'd like to see what words appear most commonly in this data. And then to search for some of those words + 3 words on either side them.

So my first question is how to find what words appear most often in this data, most to least frequently.

Then how to search for say, word X + 3 words on either side of that word X.

I know the stars here at Mr Excel can figure anything out, so I thank you in advance: Thank you!! <3
___________________________________________________________________________________
There used to be a post here like this, with a file attached demonstrating this. The post was called, below, but is no longer in existence at its link.
Finding most common words in column WITHOUT specifying what words

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
What exactly do you mean by "word X + 3 words on either side"... is that a total of 7 words (3 to the left plus the word plus 3 to the right) or is it 4 words (either 3 to the left plus the word OR the word plus 3 to the right)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back