Creating Dynamic Calendar

rjbinney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'd like to put together a sheet that builds a calendar using data from a table.

AND that "translates" the appointment time into whatever local time zone the reader selects. (I'm happy to hard-code the options on the main table.)

Here's the deal - I will be traveling in one country while my wife is in another, our emergency contact is in the Pacific Time Zone, and we have familiy in Eastern Time Zone and GMT. And I don't really feel like re-typing everything for everyone; I have a list of flights, etc. in a table. I can add a column for the "local" times, if there's a way to create a calendar where they select the desired time zone from a drop-down or something.

(It gets hairy for two reasons - things that happen at say, 7AM in Russia are at 9PM the day before on the West Coast (and midnight on the East, etc.). And the second reason is, not all of the time zones are an even hour off (for instance, Nepal is 8 hours and 45 minutes ahead of New York.))

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back