Count matched pairs and triples of the spreadsheet

Lottoguy

I have a spreadsheet with 115 lines of 10 units of data on each line. 5 different numbers and 5 different letters on each line. I m trying to find out how I write a macro to show me the matched pairs and matched triples on this spreadsheet. My other question is how do I count all the numbers of the spreadsheet and I can delete all the lines that dont have that choosen number. I would like to learn how to count sequences, so I ve to count all the numbers of the spreadsheet and delete all the lines that does not have that number, so I can count it again. My excel isnt counting letters, so I have to find out how to program the excel to count both letters and numbers together. If you can help, please let me know how I do it. I really wanna make this statistical report.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Re: how to count matched pairs and triples of the spreadsheet and an additional question

It is not totally clear to me what you are trying to achieve.

A. You want to highlight (in some way) doubles and triplets on the sheet.
---question: Are these totally doubles (triplets) in that all 10 cells are identical?
---Do you want to count these or delete them? Have you looked into the Excel /Data/Remove duplicates menu?

B.
how do I count all the numbers of the spreadsheet and I can delete all the lines that dont have that choosen number

What 'chosen number' ?

I would like to learn how to count sequences
What do you mean with counting sequences?

I ve to count all the numbers of the spreadsheet and delete all the lines that does not have that number
What do you mean with count all the numbers?
What do you mean with 'that number'?

My excel isnt counting letters
I am assuming you mean cells with text. Have you looked at the COUNTA() function?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Re: how to count matched pairs and triples of the spreadsheet and an additional question

I asked 3 different questions, and you are mixing them up. The 1st question is: How do I count the number of occurences of matched pairs and triples on all the 10 line data of the spreadsheet. Each line (row) has 5 different numbers and 5 different letters, totalling 10 data line.
2nd question: How do I count all the numbers of the spreadsheet at once. Like how do I program the excel to display a table showing the number of occurences of all the numbers of the spreadsheet.
3 rd Question: I d like to count the number of occurences on all the lines (rows) that has an specific number that I ll find out which number is, and the lines (rows) that doesnt have that number will be excluded or hidden, so I can count the lines (rows) left that has that number that I want to count.
Did you understand what I wanna do or do you still need more info?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back