how to count matched pairs and matched triples on each line of 10 data units, (numbers and letters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lottoguy

I have a spreadsheet of 116 lines of 10 units of data in each line. I m keeping track of a pick-5 lottery, so I write 5 numbers of reference plus another 5 numbers of another reference, totalling 10 units per line. I d like to process it into a statistic table. To avoid confusing two same numbers, I changed the second set of 5 numbers into letters. So, I have 5 different numbers with a 5 different letters per line. The problem is that my excel isnt counting letters, just the numbers so I d like to ask if excel can count the number of occurences of letters too.
I need to find out how many matched pairs, and matched triples numbers/letters has occured on all the lines.
I m not sure if the excel has a formula ready for counting matched pairs/triples, etc.... or if we have to write a macro do do it.
I have no idea about how to write a macro to do it, so I m asking for help.
If you can help, please let me know. I can email you the spreadsheet if you can work on it and send me back with the work done. My excel is in portuguese, but I can find out whats the translation to the english version.
Let me know if you can help. Thanks for your attention.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back