Conditional Formatting & Subtotal Macro

KJones97

Hi All,
I am trying to build a conditional formatting macro at the end of a string I already have that will help visualize the data represented. The data is located (A12:V750) but the conditional formatting will apply to Column F (I am hoping to have the highlighting apply to the whole row though A:V). All the data in column F follows the same format "#.### MMM dd yy" MMM stands for month ex. JUL, AUG, SEP. For example F12 = 4.000 JUL 03 19. The first portion of the macro already filters the data so all rows with the same month are adjacent.

I would like to conditionally format the rows to color fill each month separately. The problem is when I pull new data for next month the first value in column F will no longer be in the month of July but August, and so on. (The color of each fill does not matter)

I only need the first 6 months to be conditionally formatted but would like to subtotal the sum of column J by month throughout the range. I only need the first 6 months formatted because further down the list JUL will appear again but for the year 2020.

Let me know if you need anymore information I am usually pretty bad at these things and thank you in advance for the help I really appreciate it.

KJones

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
One piece of information that might help as well. The date of the data pull is in cell P2 in the format yymmdd. If that helps with discerning which months will follow. For example the last date I pulled was 190630 (June) which means the first date in cell F12 will be in the month of July. The data pull will always occur on the last day of the month.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back