Expense Report

Donutderek

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm creating an expense report, and using rows 10-19. In column K is a spot for "Other" (unspecified expenses) there could be costs located in there, say K11, K13, K14,K18.

What I want to know is how can I automatically list any costs in that column in consecutive order (omitting spaces) in Column D row26-33 on the same Sheet? The mirror of such costs are linked to an area on the page that allows for a detailed description of the "other" expenses.
(I've tried using VLOOKUP, IF, and other formulas but nothing seems to get what I want, I'm probably typing it out wrong- )

I don't know how to show you a glance of what I'm working on to explain it better. So if anyone can help me with that I'd much appreciate it.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Post a copy of your workbook to a Cloud site like DropBox.com or similar. Then provide the download link here.

Upvote 0
How about
=IFERROR(INDEX($K$10:$K$19,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($K$10:$K$19)-ROW($K$10)+1)/($K$10:$K$19<>""),ROWS($A$1:$A1))),"")

Upvote 0
Same thing, Fluff. It will list the first amount, but subsequent ones don't appear below. I'm struggling with this one. I want to be able to reuse this formula in other files I'm working on, or I wouldn't be so concerned about getting it to work.

Upvote 0
It works for me, with this data

Book1
DEFGHIJK
Week 42
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D26=IFERROR(INDEX($K$10:$K$19,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($K$10:$K$19)-ROW($K$10)+1)/($K$10:$K$19<>""),ROWS($A$1:$A1))),"")

Upvote 0
My apologies. I don't know what I did wrong, but it does work. Thank you so much! It's been one of those weeks. ?

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back