Search with Multiple Criteria and Validation of Data in Multiple Tabs (Worksheet) in a Excel Workbook

JRamirez

Hi Guys, I am here as a new member of the Mr. Excel and I need anyone here that can offer any help with a function I need to develop for an excel report I am building:

The purpose of Excel Workbook Report I’m trying to develop is to be able to compare two different progress period in our project from our Oracle Database. The Data has been extracted and parse out of our oracle data base into an Excel Workbook. For this function been developed the lookup values will only be located in the two tab in the working excel workbook. These two tabs are called the “Task Current Update Period”, the second tab is called the “Task Previous Update PRD.” And the third tab is titled “Added Or Deleted Activities” tab.

The tab titled “Task Current Update Period” Contains the latest bi-weekly progress data of the project, each of task (i.e. lookup Value) in the “Task Current Update Period” tab contains all the general data for each task (activities) of project. This general data consist of dates, budgets units, progress percentage, manhours, etc. Each Task is an independent activity in our database which are uniquely identified in the column titled “task_id”. This unique number is randomly generated number from the Oracle Database.

The objective of this function is for it to have 4 outputs. Outputs here are define as “Criteria”.
The tab titledTask Current Update Period” will be the working Tab:
The Formula will be inputted into Column BN Cell BN2
Lookup Value will located in Column titled “Task_Code”
Lookup Value is task code is: “WIN-IN-6-170” For this example

The Function will have four Following Outputs “Criteria”

1. 1st Criteria is for Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” is found, Identify and located in second tab is called the “Task Previous Update PRD.” If the results are true, the function will return the lookup value “WIN-IN-6-170” as the output of the function.
  2. 2nd Criteria is if the Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” is not located (i.e. N/A, IF(ISERROR( ---) in the second tab which is called the “Task Previous Update PRD.” Then the resultant or output of the function will be a text value "Activity Not in The Previous Updated File “Activity Was Added To Current Progress Update"
  3. 3rd Criteria is if the Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” is not in the current working tab “Task Current Update Period” but the Lookup Value is in the “Task Previous Update PRD.” Then the resultant or output of the function will be a text value "Activity Was in The Previous Updated File “Activity Was DELETED On The Current Progress Update"
  4. 4th Criteria will only occur only when all 3 previous output are met. The Resultant of the Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” will now search the Lookup Value on the “Added Or Deleted Activities” tab. This Tab is the Report I am developing.
    1. On the “Added or Deleted Activities” tab the Lookup Value Will Located in Column F Rows F7:F9558.
    2. Once the Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” is located or found the resultant output data of Criteria 1-3, will be Column Q7 of the “Added or Deleted Activities” tab where the Lookup Value “WIN-IN-6-170” was located.

The Function I have currently developed (see below): Only meets two out the four criteria, I have not been very successful on this task:

= IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($D2,'TASK PREVIOUS UPDATE PRD.'!$B:$B,1,0)),"Activity Not in The Previous Updated File",VLOOKUP($D2,'TASK PREVIOUS UPDATE PRD.'!$B:$B,1,0))

Please Let me know If i need to upload the workbook bc I am not sure how someone here can upload an excel workbook.

Thank you in advance to all members of the Mr. Excel Forum, who will offere any type of idea or support.

Thank you

Jose V. Ramirez

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back