Import multiple pages of txt file and format

adamh11

I need to get report txt files into excel but can't figure out the best way to do this. Sometimes over 100 pages are in a single report and every page contains the headings and title info as shown below. I've highlighted the main info needed if getting the other data into cells is too difficult/time consuming. We are a material supplier of doors, door frames, and door hardware so the idea is to import our 'door schedule' report file and format it to where I can search out a certain 'Opening Number' and it return the info & 'Hardware Used for Above Openings'. Any ideas to at least try? I'm not very familiar with VBA/coding, fyi. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Try starting with the macro at https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...nto-excel-2010-a-post4662237.html#post4662237. It imports multiple .txt files (tab-delimited) from a specific folder into a sheet, one below the other.

Remember, the code as posted is for the particular task in that thread so you'll probably need to modify it for your use. Start by recording a macro of you importing one of the .txt files (Data tab -> From Text, which runs the Text Import Wizard). Your recorded code can then be incorporated into the code I linked to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back