Hide rows using a userform login

scockster

I have a workbook with 3-4 sheets. I havecreated a registration and a login userform. The registration userformconsists of a Reference number, Full Name, address, email, phone, etc. andallows each user to create a username and password for logging in later. Once registered, ALL of their information will be listed on a databasesheet (Data) but only their reference number and name wiillbe listed on the main sheet (Picks). Once logged in, I only want each user to be able to view the rowtheir name is listed on in the main sheet (Picks). I have no idea how to handle this via VBA or any other waywithout doing it manually after each person registers. There will bearound 1000 users so this would be very time consuming and tedious. Ihope someone has some knowledge with this. PLEASE HELP!! I'm soclose having this workbook done. Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi,
It is possible to do what you want but Just my personal thoughts about your intended use of your workbook –

You do not say who the users for your workbook will be (work colleagues or public access) but either way if based in EU countries then General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules will apply & Excel being used in way you outline will most likely fail as being a suitable application for holding & maintaining such detailed personal data.

Excel protection is only good at protecting formulas and text from accidental corruption. Excel protection is not good at hiding sensitive data. If an advanced user has access to a file then they can overcome protections very quickly.

The encryption on Worksheet and Workbook structure passwords is extremely weak. Passwords can be cracked in minutes by competent users or those less informed using freely available software.

You may want to consider using a database application like Access.

Hope Helpful

Dave

Upvote 0
I totally understand where you are coming from but I'm running a NFL knockout pool with friends so it's nothing major where I'm worried about information being leaked. These users aren't going to take the time to try to gain any access and/or hack this workbook. I'm just trying to hide weekly picks from one another. Nothing major. Any ideas on my original question or do you think Access will be easier. I've already spent a ton of time on this so starting over in Access is not the best option for me. Would you like me to post the workbook?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back