Getting spreadsheet to someone without XL

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to the data on a spreadsheet to someone who probably doesn't have access to XL. It though about printing it out, then scanning it back in as a jpg file but that seems lame. There must be a better way. I looked for an "export" option but only found a "share" option but the receiver would still need XL.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
It though about printing it out, then scanning it back in as a jpg file
Hi Mike

Some options already. :) Here some others

If what you want is for the receiver to just see your excel page I would suggest saving it as pdf (with the gridlines if you want).
Everyone usually can read pdf, in windows, android, unix, etc. You'll be also exporting shapes in the worksheet.

If, on the other hand, you also want the receiver to be able to work with the data, you can also send the csv.

Upvote 0
There are also a number of free FileViewers that will handle xl files.

Upvote 0
Save as single web page mht/mhtml?
Like that idea, mostly because it forced to to figure out how to do it. I'm guessing Filetype but I didn't find either of those options. I found a plethora of alternatives like .html, .txt .cvs and .pdf any of which would work.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Mike

Some options already. :) Here some others

If what you want is for the receiver to just see your excel page I would suggest saving it as pdf (with the gridlines if you want).
Everyone usually can read pdf, in windows, android, unix, etc. You'll be also exporting shapes in the worksheet.

If, on the other hand, you also want the receiver to be able to work with the data, you can also send the csv.

Thanks for those suggestion. Since the receiver only needs to Read the data I opted for .pdf.

I hadn't thought to check the save filetype options where I found a number of additional options.

Upvote 0
There are also a number of free FileViewers that will handle xl files.
I'm guessing the receiver would have to have one of them before that option would work, but this receiver isn't very computer savvy, or he'd have XL and it wouldn't be a problem :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back