auto pivot table update issues

golfpro2301

Hello All

Having an issue with auto updating a pivot table.

In my workbook I have three tab.

Tab 1 - dashboard (where I want pivot tables
Tab 2 - Main data
Tab 3 - Consolidated Data for charting purposes

Tab 2 is where I input everything. It is a grid with employee names on left and work orders across top. Each employee/work order is assigned a budget of hours and how many actual hours it takes to complete. I am tracking employee and work order efficiency of the course of a project. To create the bar chart based on work order efficiency and to color code it based on value I pulled this info only into Tab 3 using the below formula: (Note - there are 40 total work orders. "Employee Data & Work Order Data is Tab 2

Work Order #XX ='Employee Data & Work Order Data'!FJ54
Work Order # XX ='Employee Data & Work Order Data'!CX54

I then split this out on values based on their percentages. In my pivot table on dashboard I want it to show top 5 and bottom 5 efficient work orders. I have table setup correctly and can manually update it. Looking online I found the below Macro and input it

thisworkbook.refreshALL

Any changes I make in Tab 2 gets copied over to tab 3 which is where pivot table is based off of. When values change the pivot table doesnt automatically update. However if I remove the formulas in the Tab 3 cells and manually type in a value the pivot table automatically updates

My question is how do I get a pivot table to update when it is based on cells that have a formula.

***Side note***
On Tab 3 there are the 40 work orders and the 40 correlations efficiency percentages based on information from Tab 2. Work order column A, Percentages column B, Column C is percentages under 95%, Column D is percentages 95-105, Column E is over 105. I have it setup that anytime a value in column B changes it places the value in correct column. I did this so chart is sort by color. However I want the chart to be sorted by value automatically. Right now I have to manual sort the data to keep all the good, average, bad percentages together. I am sure there is a macro to auto sort this page anytime there is a change.

Thanks for the help

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back