Expand default size of Define Name dialog box

batman37

I raise the Define Name dialog box frequently; it displays up to 10 named ranges without scrolling. Most of my applications have more than 10 named ranges, often a lot more, thus requiring scrolling to see most of them. Is there a way to change the default height so that it always comes up showing 25 ranges? Perhaps a setting in the Registry. Or is the 10-row default hard-coded?

Thanks for any solution or words of wisdom.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I raise the Define Name dialog box frequently; it displays up to 10 named ranges without scrolling. Most of my applications have more than 10 named ranges, often a lot more, thus requiring scrolling to see most of them. Is there a way to change the default height so that it always comes up showing 25 ranges? Perhaps a setting in the Registry. Or is the 10-row default hard-coded?

Thanks for any solution or words of wisdom.

You can easily resize the Define Name dialog to full screen just by double-clickng its titlebar.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Jaafar.
I was not aware of that feature, which presumably applies to any and all dialog boxes. That said, I would much rather be able to see my worksheet while the Define Name dialog box is up; thus my interest in extending its vertical height without making it any wider. Yes, I can drag the bottom down, and I often do that. But I would much rather have the bottom much lower by default. Is there a way to do that?

Upvote 0
AFAIK, there is no way to set the default height .

I honestly don't see why one would want to do this when it is so easy to drag the dialog bottom down with a simple mouse gesture.

One could set the height via some complicated api code but frankly, I don't think it would be worth the effort.

Regards.

Regards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, you're welcome to your opinion. That said, I did a Registry search on "Define Name" - it came up empty, so I have no choice to accept that what I would like to do can't be done. It's not a show stopper. Thanks for your responses.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back