Thread: VBA to utilize a range name listed in a table
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VBA to utilize a range name listed in a table

I have a table in my workbook with 3 columns - path, filename, and paste location. The code loops through my table opens up the file and path I have listed, copies some data, and then I am trying to paste that data into my workbook in the range name I have listed as paste location. After copying the data I go back to my workbook and I am trying to use Range(c.Offset(0,3).Value).Select to paste the data in that location but I keep getting a debug. I've double checked that the what I have listed in the past location column is indeed the range name I have in my workbook.

Am I able to do what I am trying to do? Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Re: VBA to utilize a range name listed in a table

Assuming c is a range, if you want to paste to c.Offset(0,3) have you tried:
    Code:
    c.Offset(0,3).Pastespecial paste:= xlPasteAll  'change this to xlValues if you want only the values pasted.
    Joe

When I was a young man I knew everything. Now that I'm older, I realize I know very little, and what I do know, I tend to forget!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had only tried to Select first and then I was going to Paste. I just tried going right to Paste but I get the same error Method Range of Object Global failed. When I debug and hover over the c.offset(0,3) I do see the range name I want to utilize.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy74 View Post
    I had only tried to Select first and then I was going to Paste. I just tried going right to Paste but I get the same error Method Range of Object Global failed. When I debug and hover over the c.offset(0,3) I do see the range name I want to utilize.
    Hard to help if you don't post the code that's causing problems.

When you get the error, enter in the Immediate Window: ?c.address - what do you get? Enter ?c.offset(0,3).address - what do you get? Enter ?c.parent.name - what do you get. Are the results of these queries what you expected?
    Joe

When I was a young man I knew everything. Now that I'm older, I realize I know very little, and what I do know, I tend to forget!

Some videos you may like

User Tag List