Extract unique records with date criteria: between 2 dates

Phlebas

Hello forum,

I have been try to extract unique values of account numbers from a large list of varied data based on two dates that will vary depending on the dates on another sheet. I have started by simply trying to extract the account numbers above the first date criteria but have run into a problem I cannot seem to get around, or understand why. The formula I have used is

=IFERROR((INDEX('[Costing Report (FY 2018-2019).xlsx]Year To Date'!$A$2:$A$29,MATCH(0,IF(($B$3>='[Costing Report (FY 2018-2019).xlsx]Year To Date'!$D$2:$D$29),COUNTIF($B$17:B17,'[Costing Report (FY 2018-2019).xlsx]Year To Date'!$A$2:$A$29),""),0))),"")

The list starts with dates from 02 July 2018 and the start criteria date in cell B3 is 01 July 2018. This though returns a blank cell. If I change the start criteria date to 02 July 2018 though is returns what I would expect.

Sorry I haven't attached the file but I don't seem to have permission to do so and being new here am not sure how to get this permission.

Any help to resolve this, and extend the formula so I can calculate between two dates wold be much appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Upvote 0
Hi Fazza,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be honest I have never heard of Parameterised Queries before but I'll have a look into it and see if it meets my needs. For my spreadsheet getting the account number is only the start of further calculations from other sheets as well.

Thanks

Gareth

Upvote 0
could be a steep learning curve, Gareth

pivot tables are good for working with data. I'm assuming you have data set up like database tables. such as headers in row 1 & then data under that in a contiguous block

if so, a really simple approach is to add another column to the data table. header "ShowIt". Populate this new field with a formula that returns TRUE for dates you want in the report & FALSE for others. Then make this a page field of the pivot table, filtered to TRUE.

this may not suit your situation. likely there are very many ways to do what you want and without knowing lots of details it is difficult to advise. all the best, Fazza

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back