Transfer of data between two workbooks using name of worksheet?

laughterbattle

Hi all - I'm completely new to using VBA and macros and I amwondering if it can be used to improve a data entry process that is currentlydone manually.
Basically, the process is roughly as follows:
· Workbook1
o Several Worksheets (A, B, C etc.)
o Each Worksheet has data for individual companiesin a standard format
Reference Company Value

· Workbook2
o Several Worksheets with the same namingconvention relating to the same companies as in Workbook1
o Each Worksheet has blank cells into which datafrom the corresponding Worksheet in Workbook1 must be entered

· For each ‘company’, what is effectively beingdone under a manual process is a VLOOKUP for the value in each Worksheet in Workbook1so that the values are displayed in each Worksheet in Workbook2.
My question is, could a VBA macro automate this process toupdate each Worksheet in Workbook2 by referring to the corresponding sheet inWorkbook1 which has the same name? I hope it can, but can't seem to find anyonline materials which describe how to program this specifically.
Any help is much appreciated!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
There are a few ways this can be done but it all depends on how your data is organized. I think that it would be easier to help and test possible solutions if I could work with your actual file which includes any macros you are currently using. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your 2 files to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark each file for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to each file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back