Macro running on Shared workbook (Sharepoint)

Kirstym1918

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience of running macros on a shared workbook? I know that array formulas cause shared issues if they are not locked down and protected before sharing it but what happens when I was to run a few macros?

I have a workbook which will be used on a daily basis by a lot of people. It has formulas that link to external workbooks but these external workbooks are password protected. I have a macro which will remove the password to said workbooks and a macro to limit the way the staff paste into the book.

Has anyone had any previous experience/Issues with shared workbooks and macros that they could feed back to me?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
One thing to bear in mind - presumably you've had to hard-code the other workbooks' passwords, into your code; have you protected your actual VBA project - with a password? If not, users will be able to open up your VBA project, and view the passwords.

Upvote 0
Hi Sykes, Yes i've sorted that side of it too :) The one thing I'm concerned about mostly is, it kicking other people out and discarding changes. We had an issue on the current workbook where a number of staff were inputting data on completely seperate tabs and it would tell another person that their changes would be discarded. I since discovered that we had some unlocked array formulas that people had been clicking which caused all of these problems.

I have read somewhere that providing the macros and array formulas are put in and locked down prior to sharing the book then we would have no issues.

Upvote 0
Jolly good.
Can't provide any more info on sharing issues with array formulae & code, I'm afraid. Hopefully, some other Folk will chip-in...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back