If cell value = something, then cut row and paste to next sheet

Rackette

Good afternoon and thank you for any help or advise.

I am trying to look through a dynamic range in column B and, where the column B value has a 2nd character = "E", then cut that entire row and paste it on to the next sheet.
There will be many times that column B will match my criteria, so the second worksheet's range will grow as more rows are removed from the first worksheet and pasted on to the 2nd one.

The value in B will look like: 6B230L, 5E431U, 6E226L, 6D537L...

In this example, I would need to cut the row with 5E431U and the row with 6E226L and paste them on to worksheet 2 and then continue looking through column B, doing the same type of thing, until I reach the bottom of the sheet.

I have seen may other macros that ALMOST do what I need, but the one that came closest didn't delete the blank row from the first sheet. It didn't actually cut the row, it just moved the data, I think.

-Christine

I have a header in row one on Sheet1 and on Sheet2. Both sheets are in the same workbook. If it matters, my headers are: ID, Name, Number, Start time, End Time, Location, Reason, Mandatory.
Column A will always have an ID in it. The ID will always be in a format of 6E074L. There may or may not be data in all of the cells on the row. For instance, the "Reason" column may be empty for some rows.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I have headers in row 1 of Sheet1 and of Sheet2. If it matters, my headers are: ID, Name, Number, start time, end time, location, reason, mandatory.
I am using Office 365.
Column A will always have data in it in the format of 6E043L. Not all cells in a row will contain data. For example, there may be nothing in Reason nor in Mandatory.

Upvote 0
Are you looking in col A or col B for the values?

Upvote 0
Fluff, yours works just fine.
Irobbo, I'm not sure if yours will work, because I'm not sure what I need to change to make it look at column 1 instead of column 2.

Thank you! I'm very sorry about my mistake that managed to waste your time.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back