Macro for Auto Summing Values Identified by a Job #

HazMattTeam

Not sure if this would be in VBA or not but here is the situation.

On a worksheet I have titled "Job Numbers" I have in column c different job numbers going down by row. In column A I have bid hours for the job filled out. In column B I have used hours for the job that will need to be filled in so I can use it as comparison to make sure I am not going over my total bid hours.

On another worksheet I have titled "Week Ending 7-20-19" I have a userform to fill out job numbers that will fill in specific cells, and job hours that will fill in specific cells directly above the job number.

Here is the functionality I would need.

I would need to identify all the matching job numbers from column c of the "Job Numbers" sheet to the numbers on the "Week Ending 7-20-19" sheet, select the value in the cell(s) directly above it, sum them into column b directly next to the corresponding job number on the "Job Numbers" sheet.

Basically tallying up all the used hours for the job so I can compare them to what was bid.

The kicker is that I will be adding sheets to this workbook for each week, and would like this function to keep working on every sheet, Example "Week Ending 7-27-19", " Week Ending 8-03-19" and so on. Also the Job numbers I have in column c of the "Job Numbers" sheet may be added to in the future.... (however only job numbers will ever be in column c).

Let me know how I can attach a desensitized spreadsheet that can demonstrate this.

Cross posted here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...summing-values-in-cells-for-target-job-s.html

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Update: I have gotten this to work on a very micro level using
=SUMIF('WEEK ENDING 7-20-19'!J9:P9,"22463-0138",'WEEK ENDING 7-20-19'!J8:P8)+SUMIF('WEEK ENDING 7-20-19'!J10:P10,"22463-0138",'WEEK ENDING 7-20-19'!J11:P11)
However this is not a sustainable method as a) job sheets will be continually added, making the equation obsolete when a new sheet "WEEK ENDING 7-28-19" is added. b) there may be the potential to have 100plus employee and 3plus job numbers...... this is an extremely long method for making this work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back