Hyperlinking Cells not Working

dormond

Hi!!!

I'm working on a data base where I need to link cells to another sheet, but its not working and i keep getting the "Cannot open the specified file" message. Even the simplest way using

=HYPERLINK('Other sheet'!A509)

When i use de manual option "Ctrl+K" it does work. But I need to link arround 2500 cells and Im looking for a way to do it automatically, also if you know a way I would appreciate it a lot!

thanks!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
For the =HYPERLINK formula to a cell in the same workbook, prepend a # character to the location in quotes - see https://www.contextures.com/excelhyperlinkfunction.html#linksheet

A macro could create hyperlinks to 2,500 cells, either with =HYPERLINK formulae or by creating links (the Ctrl+K method). But how would the macro know where to place each link and the associated cell to link to?

Hi John!
I was searching in the web and found out that maybe using Index and Match inside the Hyperlink could work,but im still having the problem with the Hyperlink basics.
I tried using the # before the sheetname as the webpage that you gave me said but, it didnt worked, i got the #VALUE ! error. Im using Excel 2019, dont know if that could be the reason

Upvote 0
Using your OP example, try:

=HYPERLINK("#Other sheet!A509","Link to A509 on Other sheet")

Note the double quote characters.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back