gleemonex69

Good afternoon, Excel gods. I am in charge of gathering price changes of restaurant items from our distributor. Our Distributor sends me weekly and bi-weekly reports on only the items that have changed prices. In total, I have a little under 700 total items. I can't seem to figure out how to organize my data and how to create dashboards from that data. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Good afternoon, Excel gods. I am in charge of gathering price changes of restaurant items from our distributor. Our Distributor sends me weekly and bi-weekly reports on only the items that have changed prices. In total, I have a little under 700 total items. I can't seem to figure out how to organize my data and how to create dashboards from that data. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I can surely promise you that you are going to need to provide a lot more information to get anywhere. Examples of the data you have. An explanation of what you want to do with that data. A description/example of how you want your output (in this case 'dashboard') to look.

We are certainly happy to help. But please provide as much info as you can without compromising the privacy/security of your data.

Upvote 0
So far, I have arranged my data like this:
https://imgur.com/2Sc3L4j
2Sc3L4j

Item #, Cust Item # (not needed), Pack, Size, U of M, Item Label, Item description are all column headers
The date of the price change are also column headers, but I put prices in those columns. Difference (difference between this week and last week prices) and a day of week column that shows a red arrow for prices going up and green arrow for prices going down.

I intend to use this to track all prices changes. There aren't many per week with at most about fifteen price changes. I want to input price changes and I would like to see how the items that constantly change prices trend, either positive or negative. What the accounting department does with this information is beyond my paygrade. At the simplest, just a line graph showing how items changed prices.

Upvote 0
So you want 15 line graphs approximately ??
I'm guessing you have about a 1000 line items
If that's the case, have you considered copying all changed price data to a new sheet then graphing those line items ?
This could be done via VBA and the sheet could be cleared each time the code is run.....and the graph could be on a seperate sheet ?

Upvote 0
So you want 15 line graphs approximately ??
I'm guessing you have about a 1000 line items
If that's the case, have you considered copying all changed price data to a new sheet then graphing those line items ?
This could be done via VBA and the sheet could be cleared each time the code is run.....and the graph could be on a seperate sheet ?

That would suffice. I am not versed in VBA and would have no idea how to do it. Also, do you think I have my data arranged properly?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back