Table Double Row

Palacemad

Hi, I am trying to recreate a spreadsheet based on one I have been given. However, I am trying to ensure I understand the coding properly, I don't want to just cut and paste. I am also making some changes, hence another reason why I don't simply want to do this.

The spreadsheet is based around recording different types of bets. I have made a series of calculators for different types of bets that then paste the information in to a table. So far I have done this by identifying the source, destination etc.

What has completely stumped me, is in the example I have been given, when some of the data is submitted to the table it causes the table to produce 'double rows'. The table is formatted to have one row blue, the next white, but depending on how many entries were are, the data can be split across more than one row but be formatted with a double row of blue, double row of white etc. I am struggling to understand how this has been done. I am attaching the code from the example spreadsheet I have been given:

Sub Back()
Dim NewRow As Integer
NewRow = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("A1").Value + 1
If Worksheets("Calculator").Range("c1").Value <> 0 Then
MsgBox "There are errors. No data has been added!", vbOKOnly, "Error"
Exit Sub
End If

Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 2).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet_No.").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 3).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Date").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 4).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Event").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 5).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 6).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bookmaker").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 7).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Stake").Value

If Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet_Type").Value = "Free" Then
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 8).Value = "Yes"
Else
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 8).Value = "No"
End If

If Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet_Type").Value = "Free" Then
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 10).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Back_Odds").Value - 1
Else
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 10).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Back_Odds").Value
End If
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 16).Value = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyyy")
End Sub

Sub Lay()
Dim NewRow As Integer
NewRow = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("A1").Value + 1

Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 2).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet_No.").Value - 1
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 3).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Date").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 4).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Event").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 5).Value = "Not " & Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Bet").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 6).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Exchange").Value
If Worksheets("Calculator").Range("UnderLay").Value = "Yes" Then
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 7).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("LayRiskLiabilityUnderlay").Value
Else
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 7).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Lay_Risk_Liability").Value
End If
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 8).Value = "No"
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 10).Value = Worksheets("Calculator").Range("Lay_Odds").Value
Worksheets("Bets").Cells(NewRow, 16).Value = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyyy")

MsgBox "Matched Bet added"

End Sub

Is anyone able to help explain how this is happening? I would prefer to write the code the the way I have done previously, identifying the source and then destination etc but am struggling with this key bit of formatting within the VBA.

Thank you for any help, I hope have made enough sense with what I have posted.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back