VB code to place number sequence across visible sheets

Jriley_11

Hello everyone,
I have a workbook with around 50 sheets or so. I have code written to hide/unhide sheets based on userform inputs. I am stuck trying to write the code for excel to number the visible pages 1, 2, 3...etc. in cells A9 in each sheet. The visible sheets change and are different for each task at hand. Does anyone know how I would write this? I would think it would be a loop and if visible logic but cannot get code to work right for me.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I have code written to hide/unhide sheets based on userform inputs.... The visible sheets change and are different for each task at hand.
Does the code need to also clear A9 on the hidden sheets as they may contain a page number from a previous scenario? Or is it sufficient to just have the correct page numbers in the visible sheets?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just need code to number the visible sheets and skip the hidden sheet. Example: sheet1, sheet2 and sheet4 and visible. Sheet3 hidden. Code needs to write cell a9.value=1 on sheet1, =2 on sheet2, =3 on sheet4. Nothing on sheet 3. And also the hidden/visible sheets change based on inputs so code would need to number only based on visible condition. Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK, give this a try

Code:
Sub Number_Sheets()
  Dim i As Long, k As Long

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
    If Sheets(i).Visible Then
      k = k + 1
      Sheets(i).Range("A9").Value = k
    End If
  Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
Peter,
This works great! Thank you so much for helping me. I can now move forward with my workbook. I had the right idea but did not use I=1 to sheets.count (just had I=1 and only used 1 variable). I am a beginner with vb code so I have much to learn. Thanks again for your time!

Upvote 0
Peter,
This works great! Thank you so much for helping me. I can now move forward with my workbook. I had the right idea but did not use I=1 to sheets.count (just had I=1 and only used 1 variable). I am a beginner with vb code so I have much to learn. Thanks again for your time!
You are very welcome. Just stick at it (& hang around this forum when you can) & you should find progress fairly quick. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back