Conditional formatting rule

chriskenny

I have a conditional rule in cell I2 if less than 02:00 and want to know how I would apply the rule so it colours the whole row from A2 through to K2

Thank you

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi There,

Go back to your conditional formatting button, and right at the bottom click "manage rules".

In the applies to box, highlight which cells you want to format and click apply. Hopefully it should work :)

Upvote 0
Thank you, but I did try these but it did not format across the whole sheet and in places I should not have.

For some reason I cannot attach screen shots, so I have done my best to show rule

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
Contractor Id
Contractor NameContractor OrganizationCompany VisitingDateSigned InSigned OutTotal Hours spentContract HrsDifferenceAction
1009Francene Foote-DouglasAstumTony Gee And Partners LLP28/06/201917:3219:512.192.000.19 Signed Out
<colgroup><col width="87" style="width: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3181;"> <col width="160" style="width: 120pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5851;"> <col width="157" style="width: 118pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5741;"> <col width="174" style="width: 131pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6363;"> <col width="75" style="width: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2742;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2340;"> <col width="75" style="width: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2742;"> <col width="116" style="width: 87pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4242;"> <col width="82" style="width: 62pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2998;"> <col width="73" style="width: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2669;"> <col width="75" style="width: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2742;"> <tbody> </tbody>

I have a rule in H3 if <2 then it get highlighted in red and if >3 then highlighted in green

Thank you

Upvote 0
Assuming your data starts in A3, select A3:K & last row > Conditional format > New rule > use a formula
=$H3< 2
Select your format

Upvote 0
I have a conditional rule in cell I2 if less than 02:00 and want to know how I would apply the rule so it colours the whole row from A2 through to K2

I have a rule in H3 if <2

I have a couple of doubts:

Is it less than 2 hours? Or is it less than the number 2?
Which column I or H?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back