Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Charting Trouble

So I don't know how to set up a chart properly. Column A is Time in 10ths of seconds. Column B is the data at each tenth of a second. I want the time in seconds (1 through 80) on the X axis. And Column B is the line with data ranging from 0 to 1700. I can't get the time in the X axis. I get row numbers all scrunched together to fit 826. When I want to change the X axis I would have to sit and uncheck 826 points. Then I would have to type 1 through 80 which ends up scrunched in two lines at the first part of the axis. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    I'm right everytime I'm not wrong!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Charting Trouble

G'day Scott,

If you right click on the chart plot area and click on 'Select Data' in the menu that pops up, do you have both columns represented in the left 'Legend Entries' pane? If you do, then you need to select 'Edit' in the right 'Horizontal' pane and then select the column A data. You can then select and remove the column A data from the left pane.

That will leave you with the horizontal axis having all of your tenths listed. To just leave the major 1 second increments, right click on that axis, select 'Format Axis' and change the 'interval between tick marks' to 10, and the 'specify interval unit' to 10. Hopefully that will solve your problem

Cheers

shane
    Be warned - I'm an Excel enthusiast, not an expert.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List