IF Formula/ Countif

Skeen

I have the below formula I am trying to use to let me know if a person is supposed to be making specific adjustments. Right now every cell is showing "Check Adjustment" and the ones that are allowed to make adjustments are showing their names. I am wanting the cells to be blank if not an "RV" adjustment, but if it is an RV adjustment check a list, if they are not on the list it should say "Audit". Please let me know if you can help!!

=IF($A4="RV",VLOOKUP(V4,'RV Adjustments'!A:B,1,FALSE),"Check Adjustment")

Also I have a COUNTIF formula and it is giving the correct results, just wondering if there is a way for the formula not to produce "True" or "False" but instead "Audit".

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
try

=IF($A4="RV",if(iserror(VLOOKUP(V4,'RV Adjustments'!A:B,1,FALSE),"Audit","Check Adjustment"),"")

Upvote 0
sorry, my bad

=IF($A4="RV",if(iserror(VLOOKUP(V4,'RV Adjustments'!A:B,1,FALSE)),"Audit","Check Adjustment"),"")

Upvote 0
That worked however, it is showing "Check Adjustment" for all RV Adjustments. I only want it to say check adjustments if a person's name is Not on the list I have.

Upvote 0
ok

if a person's name is Not on the list > "Check Adjustment"
what if the name is on it?

and when $A4 is not "RV"?

Upvote 0
Correct, if they are not on the list "Check Adjustment", if they are on the list the adjustment does not need to be checked. And when A4 is not RV it needs to be blank. There are several different adjustments that would be listed in A4

Upvote 0
ok, may be

=IF($A4="RV",if(iserror(VLOOKUP(V4,'RV Adjustments'!A:B,1,FALSE)),"Check Adjustment",$A4),"")

Upvote 0
That works great!!! Thanks so much!
Do you know if I can fix the Countif formula? I have a COUNTIF formula and it is giving the correct results, just wondering if there is a way for the formula not to produce "True" or "False" but instead "Audit".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back