How to display all array values when copying formulas down rows/columns

cloud2828

As the title state, I need to figure out how to obtain each value in the array as I copy the formula down the column, or figure out how to make part of a formula not be affected by CSE.

Example:

O
O
O
S
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

<colgroup><col width="64" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
This is in A1:A11 and the code: =IF((A$1:A$11="O");"YES";"NO")
is copied and dragged down from B1:B11. This results in the one "S" saying "NO", but when I put it in array form, it returns all "YES". Is it possible to have it such that it returns the same results as without CSE? Or a way to isolate the formula such that this section of my formula isn't an array?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Another method would be being able to extract the "NO" value and display it. I'm not sure why arrays only display the first value.

Upvote 0
:confused: I'm confused. You have a working non-CSE formula so why are you trying to find a less efficient CSE formula to do the same thing?

Upvote 0
:confused: I'm confused. You have a working non-CSE formula so why are you trying to find a less efficient CSE formula to do the same thing?

This is because this is just piece of my full formula, the entire formula requires CSE and cannot work without it. That's why I'm asking for a solution for separating the CSE part and non-CSE part.

Edit: This is the full formula for reference, without the OR formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Table1[DESCRIPTION];SMALL(IF((Table1[EMPLOYEE NAME]=$C$5)*(Table1[START DATE]<=D$16)*(Table1[END DATE]>=D$16);ROW(Table1[DESCRIPTION])-ROW(Input!$D$2)+1);1));"")

The OR formula is to go with an IF statement at the start of the above formula if that information is necessary for you to know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back