Change Color of Range After Data Have Been Posted

Alex881

Hello.

I am wondering if it's possible to have conditional formatting work to change the color of a range of data after an elapsed period of time.

For example, I want to be able to paste data into cells in Excel. Then, after 30 seconds, the cells that I just posted to will change from no coloring to a green color.

I was wondering if this sort of thing is possible. :confused:

Thanks

Thanks a lot, Joe4.

So I input the code into my worksheet, verbatim. Every time I copy/paste into columns C-E or manually write into column C and have my Index/Match formulas populate in columns D & E, the timestamp appears in the respective row in column F. This is great.

However, I haven't been as successful with the color change. It doesn't seem to be changing to green after 30 seconds. For example, I'll just write something into a row in column C then press enter so it moves me down a cell. I'll wait 30 seconds, but the cell hasn't changed color. It may be changing after a much longer period than 30 seconds. I'm curious as to how the formula works so I can manage the time.

The conditional formatting formula of yours 'Applies to' $C:$F in my conditional formatting rule.

Sorry about all the questions and what not - still it's a great help so far. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Edit: Just made the conditional formatting =AND($F1>0,(NOW()-$F1)>=(1/(1440*2)))

It now works after 30 seconds, but oddly enough I have to scroll down or up so the data aren't showing then go back to look at the data (if that makes sense) - then the color updates. It won't update right in front of my eyes...why is this?

Upvote 0
See the last line in my previous post:
The only caveat it is the Conditional Formatting only changes when a new calculation happens, or a different cell is selected on the sheet after 30 seconds.
(So if you were to add a new entry, and do nothing for 30 seconds, the color wouldn't change until you do something, anything on the sheet, so that a new calculation is triggered)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back