Override default page breaks

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My worksheet has 214 rows. The first page break, a dotted line, appears in row 51.

But because I want my printout to contain 71 rows, I tried dragging that dotted line down to row 71. The result was the dotted line remaining and a new, solid, line dropped at row 71, created Page 2, with 28 rows.

The next dotted line page break appears at row 122 making setting another 51 rows.

Is there any way to change that 51 row default so I can created pages with 71 rows?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
drag the dotted line to the solid line

or

you can also go to page layout -> Click the tiny little button below "print tiles", and click the last tab sheet, and then manually set the print area

Also, if you accidentally remove you page breaks you can go to page layout and select "Breaks" to add more

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried the following work arounds: Print selection, "Fit all on one page" that didn't work and "Fit all rows" and that worked.

Upvote 0
drag the dotted line to the solid line

I tired that but while I got a new solid line the dotted line remained right where it was when I tried to drag it.

you can also go to page layout -> Click the tiny little button below "print tiles", and click the last tab sheet, and then manually set the print area

Ah, I had no idea that was there. It's called "Print Titles"! :LOL: That was a great discovery, Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back