Vlookup - Look for a value in a filtered list

Gemini74

Dear all,

I would like to lookup a value, in a list that can change because it is filtered thanks to the automatic filter.

Let's say that I want to look for the value contained in the cell A2400, in the range $A$2:$A$43, but the visible lines in that range can change due to filtering (Only 1 line remains in general).

The practical case is the following: if the user filters to choose 1 project in the range $A$2:$A$43, the proper currency should be displayed in cell A2400, as each project has a different currency.

I went through the forum but could not find anything that works for my case.

Thanks a lot for your help
Gemini

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Cross-posted here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-fo...r-a-value-in-a-filtered-list.html#post5163442

Hi Gemini and welcome to the board.

We do not forbid cross-posting but we do require that you post references to cross-posts back to this thread. We're not trying to be difficult but we do want to make sure that our members can see what else has been suggested and even spare time should have have an answer over at the other forum(s). Please keep this in mind in future.

Thanks,
Jon

Upvote 0
Hi Jon

thanks for your answer. What do you mean by cross posting?
I know there are several topics for this question but i did not find any proper answer.

thank you

Upvote 0
Bu cross-posting I mean instances where you are asking the same question across multiple forums. In this instance it appears that you also asked this question on Excel Forum - the requirement is that you post links back to this thread to such instances so that our members can see what other suggestions have been offered.

Regarding your question - what filters are being applied to generate the single row result?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back