How to get total of item parts

dinsey90

Hi guys,

in the spreadsheet pictured below in dropbox we are trying to get the total of different parts of an item in to a table automatically. The table that starts in cell AV3 is causing an issue for us. Currently it is set to get the material/paint/prod plan/ factory/site/transport totals from each item. the items are created below and then grouped. at the minute item one is set to pick the values directly from the cells then item 2 onward are picking up the values using the offset formula for gaps of 61 lines hidden in cell BF. the issue arises when the guys need to insert a line in to an item. it messes up the offset number and then the totals dont work for any item after it either? is there a better way to do this look up?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lfq9j2ui7naspsq/AAB91WadZgNhpbm-AqpqHQeoa?dl=0
Table%201.JPG

Thanks

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
A small suggestion, I am not sure if it works.

Instead of (=Offset($G$71,BF5,O) in Column AZ, Please try (=OFFSET($G$71,COLUMN()+9,0)

Please modify it according to your data. I am not sure it this works. Please check.

Thanks Muz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Muz, thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but still have the same issue when a row is inserted it throws out where the value is being picked up. Under the material list of each item rows need to be inserted if the item has more than the currently set amount, so would need to somehow have the offset to change dynamically when rows are inserted or if there is another way to pull the values over to the table that i am unaware of.

Thanks
James

Upvote 0
In column "BF5", Please try this formula. (=COLUMN()+ROW()-2)

Thanks Muz

Upvote 0
Hi mate,
That does the same thing, it just keeps the number as 61 even when i insert a cell then AZ5 stops populating

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back