Area automatically being cleared every time a file is opened

intsoccersuperstar

Hello,

I am running into a problem where a certain area of my excel file is being cleared every time it is opened, and I can't figure out why - there is no VBA written in it that would specifically do this, so I'm wondering if someone somehow set up an option in an Excel menu to do this. To give a little background, this file has two tabs, the "Front Page" and the "Data tab". In the "Front Page", there are two buttons. The "Run" button runs a webquery that pulls data from the web and dumps it on the "Data tab". The second button, the "Populate" button, populates a section of the "Front page" with the data that was dumped into the "Data Tab".

If I save this file, close it, and reopen it, the section of the "Front page" that was previously populated is now empty. The data the webquery pulled onto the "Data tab" is still there, and can be brought back to the "Front Page" by hitting the "Populate" button, but I can't figure out why the "Front page" is being blanked out in the first place. As far as I can tell no VBA exists that would clear this section upon the file closing or upon open. Is there a setting on a different menu in Excel that could cause this?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Can you post all the VBA code that exists in the:
- ThisWorkbook module?
- Front page module?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back