PDF into Excel or Access

bkelly

I have a list of addresses and other stuff in a PDF format that I need to convert to something that can import into Excel or Access. The list is proprietary so I cannot use an on line utility. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be accomplished?
I can do a modicum of VBA for Excell, but the format of the PDF file is unknown to me.
Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If the PDF file contains scanned images, you need an OCR program to convert images to text. Adobe Acrobat (not the free Reader) can do it.

If the PDF file originated from Excel or Word (save as PDF), then, you can save the PDF as a Word or Excel document (I tried it using Adobe Acrobat, not sure whether Adobe Acrobat Reader could do it.)

Upvote 0
If the PDF file contains scanned images, you need an OCR program to convert images to text. Adobe Acrobat (not the free Reader) can do it.

If the PDF file originated from Excel or Word (save as PDF), then, you can save the PDF as a Word or Excel document (I tried it using Adobe Acrobat, not sure whether Adobe Acrobat Reader could do it.)

I should have said more. It does have text in that I can use the mouse to select text and copy paste to another file. When I try to do the export from PDF I am linked to an advertisement that wants a monthly fee for that ability.

I remember from the past that sometimes I would run a search over entire files and not find the text I was looking for. That led me to conclude that PDF does not use standard text codes. Maybe I was looking at a picture based PDF rather than a text based one.

Would VBA for Excel or Access be able to pick out the values between A and Z, a and z, 0 and 9, etc, and be able to write a text file of those hots characters?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back