Hide rows or access only specific rows based on userform login

scockster

I have a tricky question. I have a workbook I am using for a game about 1000 people will be playing. The workbook consists of several sheets but the only sheets users will have access to is a sheet called "Picks". Admin users will have access to all sheets so I already have a system in place for sheet access
privileges.
I have created a userform where users will register their info and create a username and password. Once they register they will login and gain access to only "Picks" sheet. What I cant seem to accomplish is when a normal user logins into the Picks sheet I only want them to view and access the row their username or regular name (either way) is on.

I was thinking of 2 ways to accomplish this:

1. Using another userform that pops up when they login to access their row with drop down menus but I don't know the code to accomplish this. 2. The other way would be to hide all other rows except the one that their username or regular name exists on.

*****NOTE**** There are 17 weeks on the Picks sheet and each week users will pick a team to win. They can only pick that team once so the drop down menus are dynamic and once a team is picked it drops off the drop down menu.

I cant add an attachment but I hope this is alright. Here is a link to the workbook.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xVgFBXsz0vZEaLy4mxgnzoUzdFKuIKVV

You can close the userform and access the VBA since I haven't added any security yet. Its just for fun and there isn't any personal data on this thing so I'm not worried about anyone doing anything with it. Thanks for any help. I hope I've made myself clear.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back