Pivot Table - How to group by filter value?

Motestfilter

Hi,

I am kinda new to excel and I have this pivot table that has 2 filter values. I need the rows to show both filter value but it should be grouped by value or at least if I could sort them depending on their filter and add a blank row in between so I could label which is which depending from their filter. I have tried searching how can I do this on google and on here and I am not seeing any concrete answer or I could be also not using the correct search words. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
post a link to the shared excel file with your example and expected result

Upvote 0
cMuPA97
cMuPA97

https://imgur.com/a/cMuPA97

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Please check link above. I am not able to upload any file due to restrictions.sorry

Upvote 0
use OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox or any similar and post a link to the shared excel file

Upvote 0
Have the value fields in the Row area and apply the filter there. You may like using the Slicer Options to have a Filter selection outside the filter.
In the Field options, you can have a blank line between values.
In the Design Ribbon for Pivot Tables, select the Report Layout to Tabular

Upvote 0
Have the value fields in the Row area and apply the filter there. You may like using the Slicer Options to have a Filter selection outside the filter.
In the Field options, you can have a blank line between values.
In the Design Ribbon for Pivot Tables, select the Report Layout to Tabular

Thanks for this! This is what I wanted. The issue now would be the field that was moved from filter to rows causing the main filter to disappear. Checking your advise about the slicer and figuring out how it works. Thanks again

Upvote 0
Slicers are filters. The slicer is its own object and can be formatted for size and layout (number of items wide). Also a slicer can be linked to multiple Pivot Tables.
The Filter Area cannot share any fields with Rows or Columns, so deciding the best mix may be difficult. Sometimes I resort to duplicating a field to get my desired results despite the agony it causes data-OCD.

I think Mike Girvin has a good video on Slicers. See ExcelIsFun channel on YouTube.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back