combining iserror and isblank in an index match formula

racheljallen

I've been trying to add both iserror and isblank to my index match to give me a text value instead of being blank or an error. Here are the two i have so far that i need to try and combine.

=IFERROR(INDEX('DATA'!$A$2:$HF$291,MATCH($B10,'DATA'!$E$2:$E$291,0),MATCH(CONCATENATE($C10,"_",F$1),DATA'!$A$2:$HF$2,0)),"none")
---When the index match formula gives me a correct error message this solves my problem

--and when the data value is referencing a blank cell this formula works great:
=IF(INDEX('DATA'!$A$2:$HF$291,MATCH($B11,'DATA'!$E$2:$E$291,0),MATCH(CONCATENATE($C11,"_",F$1),'DATA'!$A$2:$HF$2,0)),ISBLANK,"no info listed")

however. i need a formula that can combine both iferror and isblank with the same text results in one formula. been working on it for 2 days and im stuck .

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi see if this works:

=IFERROR(IF(INDEX(DATA!$A$2:$HF$291,MATCH($B10,DATA!$E$2:$E$291,0),MATCH(CONCATENATE($C10,"_",F$1),DATA!$A$2:$HF$2,0))="","no info listed",INDEX(DATA!$A$2:$HF$291,MATCH($B10,DATA!$E$2:$E$291,0),MATCH(CONCATENATE($C10,"_",F$1),DATA!$A$2:$HF$2,0))),"none")

Upvote 0
Thank you Steve, but unfortunately that didn't work. only gave me the value none.

Split out the two match formulas. The only way what I gave can only produce none all the time is that the match formulas always error. I cant tell because I cant see your sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back