How to get the address of the formula's result from 2D array (Matrix)

cera22

Hi everyone!

I have stumbled upon a problem while trying to extract the address of the formula's result. Namely, I am talking about the formula that calculated minimum value from the matrix based on the different criteria.

The matrix that I have created is simplified just for the purpose of this question.

V. Criteria 1V. Criteria 2V. Criteria 3
H. Criteria 1223344
H. Criteria 2223355
H. Criteria 3254411

<tbody>
</tbody>

If the "FORMULA" = 44, I would like to know the exact position of this result (the one bolded in the matrix)

So far I have tried CELL("address" but id doesn't seem to work because my formula is MIN(IF array formula.

I would appreciate any ideas or solutions.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
You could do this:

=ADDRESS(MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($A$2:$A$4="H. Criteria 3",0),0)+ROW($A$2)-1,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($B$1:$D$1="V. Criteria 2",0),0)+COLUMN($B$1)-1,4)

Upvote 0
Thank you for the answer Steve.

My criteria is dynamic and it is changing with the user input. The result is calculated by the formula which is 1km long due to the complexity of the criteria.

This wont work because I need something where I can input my formula and its array and ask for the coordinates of its result. Even though there are similar values to the result I got, I will need the one that my formula returned and not a duplicate value somewhere in the matrix.

Upvote 0
The only way to do that i think is to search for the result in the matrix. That isnt as bulletproof as using the formula conditions to build the address formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back