Alingment of text in one cell

boka9025

Hello. I have problem when try to align my text on both sides in cell ( justify) I get to big spaces between word. I have atached picture which is better describeing what is my goal. https://ibb.co/Rcfxm2n

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi. Im afraid those are your choices. Left align, right align, centre or justify. If you dont like the look of it your other options are to resize the cell or alter the text size until you do like it but of course that varies with the amount of text.

Upvote 0
I have seen one method and it is by function Find. It finds big spaces and replaces it with small, but i didn't manage to pull this off in right way. If anyone has any idea I would be grateful.

Upvote 0
Those are not 'big spaces'. A space is a space. They are spaces that you have asked to justify across the cell width. If your 'big space' became small then you just end up with left alignment.

Upvote 0
https://ibb.co/tq7mL0X is there any way that excel doesn't throw this word ( marked with blue arrow) on new line. I have tried to write shorter word in that line but it still throws it in new line, even though there is enough spacefor that word.

Upvote 0
Your options ive outlined above. If it moves to a new line its because there isnt enough space even if you think there is.

Upvote 0
Try this.
- Select the cell (or whole column). It actually looks like you are dealing with merged cells but that shouldn't matter.
- Press Ctrl+H to bring up the Find and Replace dialog
- In the Find what: box ensure anything already there is deleted and then type a space in that box
- In the Replace with: box ensure anything already there is deleted and then hold the Alt key and type 0160 on the numeric keypad at the right of the keyboard, not the upper row of keys above QWERTY...
- In Options >> ensure 'Match entire cell contents' is not checked
- Replace All
- Ensure the cell formatting is set to 'Wrap Text'

Now try resizing the column width.

Upvote 0
Thank you that is what i was looking for. :)
You're welcome. It replaces all the space characters with non-breaking space characters, effectively making the text in the cell into just one long 'word'. That forces Excel to simply wrap at the point(s) where the long 'word' meets the cell boundary. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back