Highlight one workbook cell if another workbook cell has a value

excelnoob001

I have two workbooks: master and source workbooks.

I am trying to have an error checking tool that when a certain cell in the source cell has value "Y", then the a cell in the master file will be highlighted red.

A few things to note:
1. The two workbooks have the same worksheet names, for example source file has worksheets A, B, C, and the master file has worksheets A,B,C, respectively.
2. In every worksheet in the source file, I have three tables in each worksheet, and in each table, I have a column called Error? (Y or "") Through a formula, this last column will check whether or not the data has an error. If there is an error, the cell in that column will have Y, which means that row in the table has faulty data. If there is no error, nothing will be displayed.
3. For every worksheet in the source file, this Error? (Y or "") column is in the same range: M7 to the last row (first table), T7 to the last row (second table)
AA7 to the last row (third table).

The macro will look something like this:
0. From the master file, there will be a button in worksheet "A". When you click on it, it will open up workbook file "X" (aka the source file)
1. Loop through each error column in worksheet "A" of the source file (Just do the loop three times for worksheet "A", and I can just replicate it myself for the rest of the worksheets)
2. If there is a Y in the error column, go to column A and B of that row. A and B has Age and ID, which corresponds to columns A and B of master file, worksheet "A". It also has Age and ID.
3. Look for the Age and ID in master file, worksheet "A", COLUMN C. If there is a match of Age and ID between master and source file, highlight the cell in column C of Master File.

Hope everything makes sense :ROFLMAO:.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, if there are any more questions please let me know. Thank you guys for your help :cool:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back