need help with DATEIF formula

leopardhawk

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello forum friends, I have an issue with the results of a DATEIF formula I am trying to build. I am receiving a result of $161.92 and it should be $50.06, so I am WAY off somewhere. I have included snapshots of the cells in question below. If anyone has any ideas, I will be grateful.

Excel 2016 (Windows) 32 bit
E
4$ 7,910.23
5$ 161.92
totals
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E5=SUM(E4/DATEDIF('2018'!C2,'2018'!D2,"d")+DATEDIF('2019'!C2,'2019'!D2,"d"))
CD
201-Jan29-Mar
CD
205-Feb17-Apr

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Bracketing. If you want to divide what's in E4 by the sum of the two date differences, then the formula is

E4/(datedif(...) + datedif(...))

What your current formula is doing is dividing what's in E4 by the first DATEDIF result and then adding the second DATEDIF result

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, thank you so much for reaching out about this. It's called "Forum Tools" and I found the link to it on this forum. What's strange is that when I 'preview' the post, it looks perfect and then as soon as I submit the post, the results are not so good. It has worked a few times but I have no idea why it isn't consistent. I us the tool the same way every time. Also, I did reach out a while back to ask for any ideas and no one responded. If you know why this might be happening, I would love to hear back from you.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
It's called "Forum Tools" and I found the link to it on this forum. .. If you know why this might be happening, I would love to hear back from you.
You may not be using the latest version. Follow the 'Look here' link in my signature block below & you will there find a link to the latest version. Make sure you read the N.B. points at the end of post 2 in that thread.

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, thank you so much for that. I'm at work now but as soon as I get home, I will certainly follow up and try to make sure that I have the latest version. Thanks again. Have a great day!

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, okay, I tried deleting the old file for Forum Tools and downloaded a new one (by the way, I have only been using the previous one since May of this year when I first downloaded it). Anyway, you can see in the 'Test' section that the results are the same. BTW, I am using Windows 10, Chrome browser, Excel 2016... Any ideas??

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back