30/60/90 days reminders emailed from excel

richlindsay16

Hi,
I have a list of c4000 individuals records on a spreadsheet who all hold a qualification that has to be renewed every 3 years. I would like to find an easy way to send reminders directly from the spreadsheet to the individuals concerned with all the details they need to renew in an attachment copying in their manager
Ideally i would like to send these weekly once they are 90 days, 60 days & 30 days before expiration with a final one sent on day 0

Can someone share how this could be done?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
HI,

I have now worked out a way to to pull through the information candidates will need for renewing their qualifications as different individuals have different renewal dates.

What i would like to set up now are 3 or 4 buttons that when clicked will send reminders via outlook email to the individuals and their line managers grouped by department or business function;

0-30 days
31-60 days
61-90 days

Has anyone done something like this before that could possibly help me?

Thanks

Richard

Upvote 0
Hi Richard,

I have a sheet that sends out reminders to customers who have not issued a PO to cover off there repair bills. I have set up 3 columns, one with original date, one with the first reminder and a third for a final reminder. I then set up three boxes which extracts all the customers that they fall into. Using VBA code from Ron de Bruin(type this in Google) to generate the mail via outlook, this looped through each section in turn to generate the mails. Is this the sort of thing you want?

Upvote 0
HI,

Thanks for the reply this is the sort of thing i was thinking, currently I have a raw data sheet that is extracted from the data base, i have added additional columns that include todays date, and number of days until expiry. The second sheet is set up with a from/to facility so i can draw through those individuals 90/60/30 days or whatever combination i choose from expiry. It is here i was thinking i could click a button and the individual lines of data corresponding to a person and business function would be copied and paste into a new workbook, generating an email and sending - very similar to the Ron de Bruin methods that are available.

It is this part when i have selected what my parameters are that i need the code for??

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back