Auto applying a formula

peterderrington

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that updates daily that has a combination of entered data and formulas that are applied to that data. I'm looking to see if i can automate some of my process.

eg; Column A is a unique identifier that is applied to the data and increments by one for each row.

Columns B to X is data that is copied from another spreadsheet.

Columns Y to BD then all have formulas in that reference the data in columns B to X.

Currently i copy the data and then have to manually apply the formulas by clicking on the little green box in the righthand corner of the cell so that it then auto populates down to the end of the data rows.

Is there anyway to automate this process?

Thanks,

Peter

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
So i converted the data range into a table (Select Data - Click Insert > Table - Click "OK" - For all those suffering memory issues like me) and that works for all the fields to the right of the inserted data however the first column on the left of the inserted data doesn't work.

I guess i could simply move that column to the far right or could it be because i don't actually have a formula in that cell for it to then generate the numbers (its just always done it by continuing the sequence).

Upvote 0
All sorted, i've simply added the formula =ROW()-1 in to Column A and that works fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back