#VALUE when saved in OneDrive

DBComputers

I have a workbook that works perfectly when saved locally. Even with hidden data and "Protect Sheet" enabled, all is well.

HOWEVER, when I save my workbook to OneDrive, and view the workbook online, all my functions return a [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Value]#Value [/URL] error.

My worksheets have Review/Protect Sheet enabled with just a few cells unlocked to stop users I send the workbook to editing.
I do not think that Protection is the issue as if I turn off protection and resave, [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Value]#Value [/URL] is still returned.

If I remove protection from Worksheet 1, and get a user to download it from OneDrive and save it locally, when they open it they are prompted to "Allow Editing", and all the Functions/Formulas snap into working.

Worksheet 2 Cell B87 (hidden)
=RIGHT(CELL("Filename",A87),LEN(CELL("Filename",A87))-FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A87)))

Worksheet 1 Cell C4
='Sheet2'!B87

Worksheet 1 Cell D4
=IF(C4>0,IF($C4='Sheet2'!$B$87,'Sheet2'!H13,0)," ")

All 3 of the above functions return [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Value]#Value [/URL] in OneDrive

Any suggestions how I can get the functions/formulas to work when viewed online in OneDrive?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Whilst I don't use Excel Online, I don't think it supports the CELL function.

Upvote 0
CELL function
Excel for Office 365 Excel for Office 365 for Mac Excel for the web Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2019 for Mac Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011 Excel for iPad Excel for iPhone Excel for Android tablets Excel for Android phones Excel Starter 2010

but I think Fluff is right :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but I think Fluff is right :)

cell.jpg

q.e.d.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back