join a list of date

linkn00

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to join a list of date together quickly. the join function requires the text function for every single date.
Is there an easier way to join a list of date together?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
You have left some important information out of your post... where is the list of dates? how do you want them joined? where do you want the output to go to?

Just guessing here... I'll assume your dates are in cells A1:A10, that your want the output to be m/d/yyyy forma, that you want them joined using a comma/space as the delimiter and that you want the output to be shown in a MessageBox... here is a macro that will do this
Code:
Sub DateLister
  MsgBox Join(Application.Transpose(Evaluate("IF({1},TEXT(A1:A10,""m/d/yyyy""))")), ", ")
End Sub

Upvote 0
Is there away to do it without using VBA?

I am not sure... my version of Excel is 2010... some of the later versions have a function called TEXTJOIN which I think would work the same way I used Join (except you should not have to TRANSPOSE the array result), but I am not sure and have no way to test it. If your version of Excel has this function, then I think the answer is "yes" and if you can figure it out yourself, great; otherwise you will have to wait for someone to come along who has that function in their version of Excel in order to show you the way.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Rick pointed out that you have omitted some information from your post and you still have not provided that information.
You have left some important information out of your post... where is the list of dates? how do you want them joined? where do you want the output to go to?

You also mentioned the "join function" which is a function in vba, not worksheet functions, so it is not surprising that a vba suggestion was made. ;)

So, still guessing at some of the things Rick asked, see if this formula helps. It is an array formula so should be entered without the {} but confirmed with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter. If confirmed correctly, Excel will insert the {}.

Excel Workbook
BC
12-May-182-May-18, 25-Dec-17, 15-Oct-19
225-Dec-17
315-Oct-19
Join dates

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back