Autofill Dynamic Column with Dynamic Starting Point

MicMac

I'm trying to Autofill Column X and Column Y with text Where Column Z determines the table length.
Starting cell for column Z is "Z3"
But the starting point of column "X and Y" are dynamic (due to previously imported information) (Column X & Y is never longer than Column Z).
The last filled cell in column "X & Y" carries the text required.
Current Last cells is "X56" and "Y56" Current last cell in column Z is "Z89"
I can easily get to x56 or y56 using

<code>Range("Y3").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("Y56:Y89")
Range("Y56:Y89").Select
Range("X56").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("X56:X89")
Range("X56:X89").Select

H</code>owever the solution eludes me on how to autofill "X57 to X 89" (same with column "Y") to line up with the number of rows in column "Z"
without using absolute references or knowing where the starting cells in "X" & "Y" are going to be.

I tried this code i read through my research but couldn't make it work

lastRow = Range("Y3").End(xlDown).Row
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("Y3:Y" & lastRow), Type:=xlFillDefault

Any assistance would be really appreciated as this appears to be the lynch pin to completing this task Cheers Mick

Background :
I am trying to stack reports generated on a 12 hourly basis. into an accrued 24 data table. This will then be accrued into a monthly data table.

As base information is downloaded in csv format. The four reports are formatted differently so i also have to stack the four reports in two tables separated and itemized by date and shift.

This then allows the use of lookups, countifs sumifs etc to populate my outputs.

The four reports are dynamic and open to the potential of having a number of blank cells throughout.

I have written code that is robust enough to achieve this short of this one issue.

As the four reports do not have time stamps i am forced to use file names (column A:A) to populate the Date and Shift ranges (column A:B) as well as (Column X:Y) but need to drag the text down to cover all rows of information (which will give the ability to apply a lookup. The only common denominators are date and shift)

<code>

</code>

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Code:
   Range(Range("X" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp), Range("Z" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(, -1)).FillDown

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back