Spinning Button carry over to a new row

chester1993

Hey all. Need help on my project.

So, I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 is where the 2 Spin Button and a Command Button is located. Sheet 2 is where the data get recorded.

Basically, what the Spin button does is to count each click. I already have the code for this. The Command button will add a new row and put the current date on column A1, for example.

My problem lies on how I connect both buttons. Whenever I click on the command button, I want to be able to use the Spinner button onto that new row created.

It will be an every day counting of clicks and I want to be able to record the clicks on a daily basis.

I hope someone call help me with this. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Is this your final objective?
The Command button will add a new row and put the current date on column A1, for example.

When you say add a new row. Excel already has 1.5 million rows you cannot add new rows

Or do you mean in Range("A1") of Sheet(2) you now have a date
And when you click a button you want todays date put in Sheet(2) Range("A2")

If so this could be done without using a Spin Button and a command Button

We could just use one Command Button or if you like one Spin Button which would not need to collect number of times clicked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this your final objective?
The Command button will add a new row and put the current date on column A1, for example.

When you say add a new row. Excel already has 1.5 million rows you cannot add new rows

Or do you mean in Range("A1") of Sheet(2) you now have a date
And when you click a button you want todays date put in Sheet(2) Range("A2")

If so this could be done without using a Spin Button and a command Button

We could just use one Command Button or if you like one Spin Button which would not need to collect number of times clicked.

Thank you for responding.

There are 2 objectives on this document. To simplify: 1. Count the # of clicks (3 buttons to count since there are 3 different categories to count off each click) and 2. Use the counter on a daily basis.

I think I manage to produce the codes for counting the clicks. As for adding the row using the command button, I think I have the code for this already too.

Here's a sample scenario:

Day 1.
I have today's date on A1. The count of clicks on B2, C2 and D2, respectively. Everything looking alright on this setup. The total of counts per category will be on Row 3.

Day 2. Where the problem comes in for me.
The command button should add a new row in between the 1st Day row and the Total Count row. After the row get added, I want now the count of clicks everytime I use the Spinner for clicks be entered on that new row.

I hope this is a possibility in Excel. Thank you again for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back