Copying data from one workbook into another workbook based on specific data in the first workbook

Lulars

Hi
I have a worksheet tracking sales reviews. I want to copy specific cells from that worksheet to a sheet in another workbook depending on whether or not a given cell in the first worksheet contains the letter Y. The first worksheet will be looked at by me every Monday and I would like any new rows of data in that copied across if the given cell contains Y, and any cells that have already been copied across to be updated (i.e. copied again) if additional text has been added since the data was last copied. I don't know VBA and have limited macro writing skills and would really appreciate any help that can be given.
I hope I have explained my problem and need clearly!
Kindest
Kim

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
An example would be great, at least for me...
However, instead for searching for updates, can you copy all over again? In other words, every time you run the code, you are going to copy all cells with Y, even if that were copyed earlier or not. But on the other sheet you have to delete before importing the new data. Am I making myself clear?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back